Thursday, January 6, 2011

Club Scout, Black Cat, Washington, DC


Club Scout comes into their own for their best show yet

To kick off the 2011 concert season, I went to a Sunday evening show of my friend Benny’s band, Club Scout. I’ve seen Club Scout several times before, but it was by far the best show that I’ve ever seen them play as they opened up for chiptune band Anamanaguchi in front of a sold out crowd in the lower room of the Black Cat. Their deepening setlist remained tight, the band looked relaxed and prepared, and Benny manages excellent banter with the crowd. It’s amazing how far they’ve come in the past few years of playing together. Despite their collected attitude, I think they were still a little dumbstruck about the number of people they were playing for and the support they received. Great show and would highly recommend checking them out. Since I’m guessing that he’ll see this post eventually and I don’t have it handy, I’ll let Benny post the setlist in the comments section if he remembers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment