Saturday, March 12, 2011

Shamrock Fest, RFK Stadium, Washington, DC


Finally, the sun shines on Shamrock Fest!

Though I had tickets again to Shamrock Fest, I was up in the air about going, mostly because the past several years had been so rainy and miserable. I ended up dumping my VIP tickets and just showing up at the gate without a ticket in hand. Considering the price I paid for my ticket and the cost of beer on the inside, perhaps not the greatest deal, but I was happy to not have feel like I should try to get my money’s worth from a ticket that includes free beer.

None of the acts at Shamrock are ever really that memorable, but it’s just a good excuse to be outside, have a few drinks to celebrate St. Patty’s, and see some live acts. The various Irish bands are always fun, even if they always blur together in my mind, both the more traditional acts as well as the Celtic Fusion ones. Perhaps the highlight of the day was DJ Pauly D, that’s right Jersey Shore Pauly D, though more for just the novelty rather than the DJ set. The set itself was very forgettable as he just spun a few random tracks and talked over them at inopportune times. If nothing else though, it did make me appreciate just how hard it really must be to DJ well. Despite any particularly good acts, it was a nice day to be outside and worth the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment