Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Wilco, Wolf Trap National Park, Vienna, Virginia

No DC summer is complete without the Wolf Trap lawn

WIlco comes to Wolf Trap nearly every summer for a night or two, so I was glad to finally get to see a show. Though admittedly, a lot of the reason I was there was so I could have at least one nice night on the Wolftrap lawn with some friends before leaving DC. It was a pretty low key event and not sold out. Everyone on the lawn was sitting and unlike the Beach Boys, was instructed to do so by the staff. Ironically, folks in the pavilion who had seats were standing throughout the show. Wilco played a lot of songs that I knew and many more that I didn’t. We ventured down into to the pavilion for the encore. It was a totally different show down there, everyone was much more into it and everything was a lot harder hitting. It’s amazing how the crowd can make or break a show. I was glad that I got to see Wilco, though not sure if I would again, unless at a festival.

Setlist:
Dawned On Me
War On War
I Might
Ashes of American Flags
One Sunday Morning
Poor Places
Art Of Almost
Handshake Drugs
Impossible Germany
Born Alone
Too Far Apart
I'm Always In Love
Via Chicago
Hate It Here
Whole Love
Box Full Of Letters
Heavy Metal Drummer
I'm the Man Who Loves You
A Shot in the Arm
Encore:
California Stars
The Late Greats
Hoodoo Voodoo

No comments:

Post a Comment